Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you: create an account or profile; submit a project request; use the interactive areas and features of the Services; participate in a contest, promotion or survey; sign up for our mailing list; make a purchase; apply for a job; communicate with us via third party social media sites; request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
When you use our Services to find a Best Orthodontist, we may collect information from you, such as your name, email address, zip code, phone number, information about your project and any additional information you choose to provide. We may also collect information from you in connection with reviews you submit and any communications you have with Best Orthodontist through the Services.
If you use the Services as a Best Orthodontist, we may collect information about you and your company, including but not limited to your name, company name, address, email address, phone number, website URL, areas of expertise, prior work experience, education, qualifications, featured projects, photos, communications you have with other users through the Services and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media platform, we may have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also collect information about Best Orthodontists from publicly available sources and combine that with information we collect directly through our Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and provide you with relevant information and connections;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to complete transactions or perform services on our behalf;
- When you create a profile or otherwise participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services, such as your profile information, business information, projects, posts, reviews, and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect our rights, property and safety or those of others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- With your consent or at your direction, including with Best Orthodontists if you opt into this type of sharing.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and, therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser allows you to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.